Under the Rules of Golf you may;
- Have a flagstick attended even when your ball is in a bunker, or on the apron of the green - Rule 17-1.
- Look into someone’s golf bag to identify which club they are using for their stroke - Decision 8-1/10.
- Use the back, or the toe, of the clubhead to strike the ball - Decision 14-1/1.
- Ask anyone the distance from any point A to any point B - Information on distance is not advice, Definition of Advice.
- Ground your club on a bridge situated in a water hazard - Decision 13-4/30.
- Lay a club, or clubs, in a bunker before you make a stroke at your ball lying in that bunker - Exception 1(b) to Rule 13-4.
- Wrap a towel or handkerchief around the grip to assist in gripping your club on a wet day - Rule 14-3c.
- Replace your ball where it was, under penalty of one stroke, when you have just putted past the hole and into a bunker - Rule 28a.
- Use the toe of your putter to mark your ball – Decision 20-1/16.
Have you got your copy of my book, ‘999 Questions on the Rules of Golf’? If you haven’t, I think that it will help you understand and remember the Rules; if you have, why not purchase another one as a gift for a golfing friend or relative?